Thursday, February 13, 2014

Crochet Kitchen Towels-Free Pattern



Last time we visited my daughter, she said she had plenty of dish cloths but could sure use a few Kitchen Towels. So I hooked her up a few for Valentines Day. 


Crochet Kitchen Towels-Free Pattern KISSES

Use a Cotton yarn.
Hook size isn't important..use your favorite.

I used a stitch I've known for a long time and have used to work things for her before. I don't remember what it's called but I call it Kisses. It is made by working 2 DC across each other to create the X (kiss).
Row 1: chain 31 + 3
Row 2: DC in 3rd chain from hook and in each chain across. 
Row 3: Turn, ch 3, skip 1 ch, DC in next ch. DC in skipped ch  (behind DC just made) = makes the Kiss...continue to end of row. Finish row with DC in last st.
Row 4:  Turn, ch3....continue rows 2 and 3 until the size you like is reached. Finish with DC row.

I made her 2 in this color and another one in an off-white then topped off the package with 2 potholders.

I'm not all that fond of the cotton cloths myself, but everybody else really seems to love them. ...and I do like to make them. So I make plenty.



2 comments:

EW Benham said...

Just what I've been looking for. Thank you for posting - I love the stitch.

linda said...

They are lovely, I like that stitch Tracy :)