Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Tracy's Not So Magic Circle



Tracy's Not So Magic Circle

My personal method for 'closing the opening' of every Crochet Circle.


Don't you just hate that open circle left in the middle of your crochet in the round?...like in the Crown of Hats or center of Flower Granny Squares?

I definitely do. I have never felt ok just leaving it that way.
So years ago, I worked out my own way to close the opening space.

Then the Crochet Magic Circle came along and I thought AWESOME!..until I tried it.
 It doesn't work for me the way it is supposed to and I get frustrated.

I'm so glad that I have my own way to deal with that pesky open space.

I'm thinking that maybe I'm not the only one who doesn't like the Crochet Magic Circle? 
If that's a Yes, then give this method a try.

If it works for me, maybe it will work for you too!


Chain 3

DC in 3rd chain from your hook
Crochet half of your beginning round stitches to the right of the knot
If your pattern says to crochet 12 DC in the circle, work 6 

Crochet the remaining half of your beginning round stitches to the left of the knot
Crochet this 2nd half of stitches over the tail.

Count your stitches and Slip Stitch into the first


Turn your circle around to the back...this is what it will look like.

Pull the tail .. this will draw your circle close

This is what it will look like...this is still the backside

Thread the tail into a large eye needle and hide the tail in the first round of stitches.

This is the front side of your beginning circle
 showing the opening in the center completely, and neatly, closed.

Great job right!?
You can hide the tail using whatever method you like. I never used to use a large eye needle because it was a pain to thread the eye with yarn...then I discovered an easy way to do that too and I actually like using the needle better than anything else!

This post was very popular! Check out places it has been Featured!
Febuary 2014Oombawka Design


2 comments:

Oombawka Design said...

Thank you for linking up at Link & Share Wednesday and Congratulations! Your Not so Magic Circle Tutorial was one of the most clicked projects! Rhondda http://www.oombawkadesigncrochet.com/2014/02/link-share-wednesday-party-29-crochet.html#more

Crochet Addict UK said...

Thanks for sharing and thanks for Linking up at Crochet Addict UK